Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Desperate need for help in Guangxi

Poverty means different things to different people...........

Matthew has been making his school visits to Dou An and met with some little girls who are simply struggling to survive in their family circumstances.

While the governement is now paying school fees for Primary and Middle school girls, it is doing little to address these basic family issues with which these little girls have to deal.......they urgently need help if they are to remain at school and have any hope for the future.........

"My name is XX XXXXXXX, was born on Aug.5 of 1995, studying on Grade 8 in Lalie Middle School.



I live in a remote and poor village, there are six persons in my family, they are my parents, two younger sisters, one little brother and I. We depend on farm but have a low income. In July of 2009, my father was burn by fire when he repaired our marsh gas tank, we spent lots money to cure him, now we owe a lot of debt.My father cannot work again, the whole family is supported by my mother who is in a poor health and always takes medicine. My little brother is three years old but unlucky, he gets nepharophelitis and needs to cure, my two sisters and I are at school. Every year we just full of our stomach but this year met a flood and had no any food, our pigs and chicken died for murrain. My family fall in hopeless.


I am a good student at school and work very hard. I love study and my favourite subjects are chemistry and physics. My dream is I can study at college one day.


So I hope you can help me, I will try my best to work hard and don't let you down."


Sisters struggling.......

 My name is Qin XXXXXXXX, was born on Step. 10 of 2002, studying on Grade Three in Lalie Sanbiao Primary School.
My name is Qin XXXXXXX, was born on Feb. 10 of 1997, studying on Grade Six in Lalie Sanbiao Primary School.



I live in a poor village which my family is the most poor in. We live a broken and old house. Our house will leak when it rains. But unlucky my father died in Apr. this year for illness. That made our family get into hopeless. My mother is a epileptic and her illness often return so cannot work. Because of this situation, she cannot afford us to school.


I am hopeless but I love study very much and work hard at school. So I hope you can help me and let me have a chance go on my study. Also I hope I can help other after I grow up.


At home I will help my mother do some housework.


We have not included photos so as to respect the privacy of our girls, but we KNOW that if you could see their faces, you would want to do something to help them all!!!!!!
If anyone would like to help, it costs just £6/£10 a month to provide them with the support they so desperately need.

Please get in touch if you can help???????

No comments: