"How much would our girls in the villages like a new dress, made by friends around the world?",
I asked Lucy.
came the reply.......
And before we knew it, we had set in motion a plan to have 150 new dresses made by friends and sponsors all around the world.
It now looks like we will travel in May, to help deliver the dresses to the girls!
We have lots of friends and sponsors who have already signed up to make dresses for their girls, along with
help from http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.co.uk/
Here are the first ones in.........
We thought we would put all the info needed here for easier access, and for friends not on FB :-)
WHAT DO WE NEED?
- We need 150 Beautiful Summer Dresses - 60 SMALL from 118 to 129 cm, 56 MEDIUM 130 - 139cm, 35 LARGE( older style?) around 140 cm plus
- The dresses can be different, but we want to keep enough "sameness" so that some do not feel less important. Bright,colourful cotton. Simple styles. Must NOT be see-through.
- Peasant Style maybe for the older girls http://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/2012/11/howtomakeapeasantdress.html
- A simple idea for a Tshirt dress https://sites.google.com/site/thismamamakesstuff/tshirt_dress.jpg
We have promises in so far of around 50 dresses, mostly in the small sizes ( 118cm to 129 cm) Thank you!!!
WHEN DO WE NEED IT?
At this moment, we are hoping to go to China to deliver the dresses in May.
HOW DO GET THE DRESSES THERE?
- UK - you can send to me ( or we can arrange pick-ups) 38 Garvock Hill, Dunfermline, KY12 7UU, UK
- USA - we can send you an address to mail to in the US, and a friend will bring them back to China.
- Europe & around the world - we can send you an address in China to deliver to. Unless you have friends travelling to Nanning?
Please just contact us for the address you need, and let us know how many, what style so we can organise a dress for everyone. email@example.com
There is a Facebook Page with all the details, which will be updated as the dresses come in. Please let us know if you would like to join in. https://www.facebook.com/groups/393267940846900/
Here are some of the latest dresses in......
If any sponsors would like to make a dress for their own girl/s, all the names and sizes are in the private FB group above. You just need to label it with your girl/s name when you send.
If you would like to participate, but "sewing" is not your strong point, you could
- Donate fabric and ask a friend to sew?
- Donate to Hope4China to help organise fabric, sewers & postage.
- Buy some plain Tshirts to wear under Pillowcase style dresses
- If we need to, we could possibly buy some simple Tshirt style dresses e.g H&M £2.99
Please just contact us if you would like to help in any way...
Any Donations can be made via the Paypal button at the top of this blog - just mark it for Dresses, and we will share our adventures & photos with you when we go to visit the girls in May.
We are so excited to think of the girls faces when they receive their gifts from you all, from all around the world.